The physiological treatment of contractures
The Controlled Dynamic Stretch Principle (CDS) stimulates growth of the shortened tissue as a result of adjustable constant traction. Harmful and painful overstretching is avoided thanks to the infinitely adjustable redressement range.
Through the continuous, passive stretching with low force (creep stretching) in conjunction with cyclic tissue stressing, metabolism and blood circulation in the contracted tissue is supported. This physiological contracture treatment leads to a successful therapy with high compliance.
The shell construction offers high wearing comfort and excellent pressure distribution.
The CDS Knee Brace is availabe as extensions- or flexion brace. The hinges of the CDS Knee Brace are infinitely adjustable between -15° and 30°. For limitation of flexion of the CDS Knee Brace, a flexion stop from 20° to 60° is optionally available as flexion wedge. Spring tension can be adjusted infinitely and is indicated by an indicater. The extension brace is available with two different hinges (Standard and Forte). Spring tension can be activated and deactivated without using a tool.
Indications: joint contractures
• after knee surgery
• after conservative treatment of capsular ligament injuries
• before and after knee joint replacement
• in arthrosis and chronic polyarthritis
• haemophilia (bleeder's joint)
• after burns
• after strokes
• in patients with paralysis ( discrete palsy of peripheral origin)
• after cranio-cerebral trauma (CCT)
• in the prevention of new contractures after arthrolysis
• in rupture of a muscle fibre of quadriceps femoris, patella tendon rupture, extension deficit from weakness of quadriceps
• conservative and postoperative indications, wehre active extension of the knee is contraindicated
• Bone blocking, osteoporosis, thromboophlebitis